Sunday, March 8, 2015

An R&R Weekend!

R&R Weekend: A weekend that we as a college put away homework and studies and go somewhere to rest, relax, and have fun and fellowship.

This semester, we went to Leoni Meadows--it was an awesome weekend!!!!

We hopped on the bus Friday morning and headed to the camp



Arrived!

A beautiful pano of the valley

Friday afternoon, we had the opportunity to do a little rock climbing.  It was my first time doing it, but God taught me a huge lesson on faith.  The first time I went, I got stuck with nowhere to go.  I was holding on for dear life--I was almost halfway up, and my arms and legs were shaking terribly.  I knew I couldn't just stay there, but it was a long ways down!  And I would have to just let go....I would need to put my trust completely in the rope.  I struggled for awhile, trying to decide what to do, but finally I knew I needed to get down because my muscles were giving out.  

It was very hard to just let go, but as soon as I did, the rope let me down gently and slowly to the ground.  I have always known what faith is, but I am so thankful for this reminder that God gave me--it was such a clear demonstration of faith, I will never forget it!  I want to put my complete trust in Christ!

Getting ready to go!




Stacey and Kelly


After rock climbing, there were field games

Ultimate Frisbee in the field

Soccer!  (Becoming my favorite!)


Football

Mealtime

Our wonderful cook!

Worship time


Prayer time



Church

We also got to go on a train ride!  It was fun!

Brenna and Stacey

Friends!

RD!


One of our stops along the way--the weather station :)

Sandra

Jessa, Rahel, and Kelly

After the train ride, several of us went on a 6 mile hike, and to be able to make it back in time for supper, we had to run most of the way.  It was awesome!--and, we made it back right on time! :)

Sabbath night, after worship, we went go karting!  It was probably my favorite activity the whole weekend!  I drove once, and I was a passenger once.  I never drove so fast in my life!

Daniel and Stacey

Emory and Spencer

Kel and Dad (me and Shimpei in the background)

You can't pass us! :)


I am so thankful for weekends like this where we can spend time together as friends, and also spend more time with God.  I think the biggest thing I took away from this weekend was the lesson on faith.  I was also able to study it a little more on Sabbath--it was truly a blessing!  

And now--back to studying!







No comments: