Friday, October 16, 2015

Emerald Bay Half Marathon


Last Sunday, 6 of us from Weimar College drove up to Lake Tahoe to run a half marathon (13.1 miles)!  It was awesome--beautiful weather, beautiful views, and most of all, a lot of fun. :)

In the bus that took us to the start line

The beautiful view up top--Emerald Bay

Stretching and warming up!



Kelly, me, and Michelle ;)

Me, Kelly, Michelle, Daniel, Adolfo, & Elias

Walking to the start line...

....and off we go!

Adolfo

Elias

Kelly, Michelle, & Daniel

Cute!




Michelle & Kelly coming through the finish line!!



Finished!! I was aiming for under two hours, but the 6000 ft elevation slowed me down. I am still very happy with what I did do though, I came in at 2:08:03. I think that's pretty good for my first half marathon. Next time though.....:) 

Running races always remind me of the spiritual race we have to run. While I was running, it definitely required patience, perseverance, and purpose. Patience to wait until the finish line comes into view; perseverance even though I was tired; and purpose, to be able to say I had run a half marathon.

In the spiritual race, it is the same thing. Patience: it is not an easy or a fast race. Perseverance: Even though beset by trials, we can endure through Christ. Purpose: Look for the prize at the end--eternal life and to see Jesus. What a good object lesson!

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith."
(Hebrews 12:1-2 KJV)

No comments: