Friday, January 23, 2015

A Day of Lessons...

God taught me some important lessons today for which I am very thankful!   I have been able to help a little bit with the outreach here, and although it has been a huge blessing for me, it can sometimes be a little discouraging.   Today was especially discouraging because it seemed like I and a few others would be the only ones helping with outreach today.  

But God showed me that sometimes we just need to be willing to do what He has called us to do, and work faithfully for Him to fulfill whatever duty we have been given.  We shouldn't be worried about how much help we are going to get, or be worried about how things will turn out for that day.  We just need to do our part willingly and faithfully, letting God take care of the rest.  

I am so thankful for this lesson!  It turned out to be a big blessing!  I was able to go with a group to help with some yard work, and although there were just four of us, we were able to get a lot done.

This lady needed a lot of help with her yard.

Michael trimming trees

Jessa!

Jessa and Me!



Finished!

The lady was so touched by our willingness to take a few hours out of our day to come and help her and her husband with their yard.  And for me, it made me feel so blessed, and so very happy to know that I had made a difference in someone's life--however small it was.   I have made a commitment to just be faithful and willing to do whatever God calls me to do, and not worry about anything else--because God is the one ultimately guiding us in our work.   I feel so very blessed! :)



No comments: