Saturday, April 25, 2015

Only Today

“The faithful discharge of today’s duties is the best preparation for tomorrow’s trials….One day alone is ours, and during this day we are to live for God. For this one day we are to place in the hand of Christ, in solemn service, all our purposes and plans, casting all our care upon Him, for He careth for us….But we are not asked to live more than a day at a time. He who gives strength for today will give strength for tomorrow.” (2MCP 472)

Sometimes we get discouraged over our spiritual lives. Yet, we are reminded here with this quote, that we have only today. Only today, we need to worry about our relationship with Christ, only today we need to give our lives to Him. When we start wondering what is going to happen each day with our walk with Christ, we become discouraged and overwhelmed. Think only today!

In another place, it says, "If you will seek the Lord and be converted every day; if you will of your own spiritual choice be free and joyous in God; if with gladsome consent of heart to His gracious call you come wearing the yoke of Christ,--the yoke of obedience and service,--all your murmurings will be stilled, all your difficulties will be removed, all the perplexing problems that now confront you will be solved." (Mount of Blessing, pg. 101.)

Today, I will surrender my life to Christ. Today, I will let Christ shine through me. Today, I will let His plans be fulfilled in my life. Today, I will speak His words. Today, I will walk with Christ. Today, I will learn at His feet. Today

I will worry about tomorrow when it comes, but today, I will live for God!

No comments: