Sunday, December 14, 2014

I took a little walk outside around the house, and I thought I would post a few pictures of what I saw! It is so amazing all the different little things out in nature here.  I am hoping to get up early one morning to take some pictures of birds.  Apparently, Panama has the most variety of birds.  :)




This is a papaya tree. 

Banana Trees

Otoy--Something like a yucca (I've never had it)


Ants...

...and more ants!









There are also two kids here that like to talk to me in Spanish!  They are brother and sister (10 & 8).  They have learned to talk to me slowly, and I can really understand them to!  I love talking in Spanish, and I talked to them for about a half hour last night, and some more today.  My Spanish is slowly getting better...

Here is a picture of Joanise:



I praise God so much for this opportunity to strengthen my language skills!  It isn't easy, and sometimes I wish I could just let it go, but I believe God has given me a talent I just need to strengthen.   I want to use this opportunity to learn Spanish better so I can use this for God's glory.

I prayed before I left and told God how much I wanted to learn to speak Spanish, and it's amazing, because He has brought people and different situations into my life that force me learn or speak a little more.  God cares about the little things that matter to us!

I shall leave with a little thought:

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ."   Col. 3:23, 24

No comments: