Thursday, December 11, 2014

We Have Arrived!

We have finally arrived at the Acosta's home!  It was a very long trip.  Our plane flight to Panama was 6 hours.  When we finally arrived, we had to go through customs, which was a interesting experience in of itself.  When it was finally my turn to talk to the customs agent, they would not speak to me in English (they knew English by the way)! Yikes! This was the time I really didn't want to practice my Spanish.  They were trying to get me to go back to a desk where I needed to fill out a piece of paper, and I couldn't understand.  It wasn't that funny then, but it makes me laugh now.  The only thing that made me feel good about that was their stubbornness--at least it was forcing me to try to figure out what they wanted from me. :)

After we got out of customs, someone picked us up and took us to the bus station, where we had an 8 hour ride to a town called David. Then we hopped on another bus for 1 1/2 hours until we were picked up by the Acostas.  The country is hot and humid, but it is so beautiful.  I haven't had much opportunity to take pictures yet, but I am hoping to soon.  We flew into Panama city when it was dark, so I couldn't see much of the countryside down there, but we were starting to get into the mountains when it got light.  So beautiful!!  Everything is a vibrant green, there are so many different kinds of trees and plants, and beautiful flowers.

We arrived at 8 this morning, and after a several hour nap, I feel quite rested and rejuvenated.


No comments: