Thursday, December 11, 2014

Week of Prayer

Later today I went with the Acostas to help them with the week of prayer for children at their church. Those kids are so cute!  They sing so enthusiastically!  I helped pass out the craft, where they had to make little caterpillars on clothespins using cotton balls.







I also have a new friend--Josúe.  He is ten years old, and determined to help me with my Spanish!  After the week of prayer, he and a couple of other kids came up to me and asked me (in Spanish) if I wanted to play hide-and-seek with them.  Of course, I said yes!  So, first they made me do the counting.  I had to count up to 20 in Spanish, then go and find them.   It was fun trying to communicate to them!

After the program, Mrs. Acosta and I were walking back home, and Josúe came with us.  He asked me a bunch of questions in Spanish, and I did my best to answer them.  A little later he told me that he can figure out what I am trying to say before I finish a sentence, so he is able to just finish it for me. :)   

No comments: